Thursday, October 29, 2009

Alcohol culture at Ohio University

It is obvious that the culture in Athens, Ohio is centered around the consumption of alcohol. Many places around the country only think of Ohio University as the "party atmosphere" and many times they don't even realize that we are an acclaimed university in our education. I really take that to heart because I am proud to be a student here at Ohio University and the rankings for party schools mean nothing to me. In my paper, I will ultimately show why the culture here at OU is so set on drinking and explore possible solutions to the problems involving alcohol on our campus. The drinking age is not a restriction here at OU because at almost every house on Friday and Saturday nights there is a large party that welcomes anyone who wants to "Have a good time" especially when there is binge drinking involved. The Sororities and Fraternities have numerous social and binge drinking is very prevalent at these parties. The entire campus seems to be proud of our bars on Court St. that only add to our reputation that OU is strictly a party school. Throughout my paper I will have a subtopic that includes why I believe that binge drinking is prevalent, and attempt to dispute that Ohio University is only a party school.

No comments:

Post a Comment