Thursday, October 29, 2009

Observations

For my field research for the drinking age being changed back to 18 I will travel to two different places. My first destination for observation will be dorms and house parties around campus. The thought for this destination is that more freshmen and sophomores who are naturally under the age of 21 will be attending. I will also observe the amount of binge drinking as opposed to my second destination; the bars of Ohio University. In my past experiences here at Ohio University, I have noticed that more binge drinking is occurring at these house parties because it is readily available for consumption. At the bars on Court St. it is less likely that binge drinking will occur because drinkers are being regulated by the bar tenders and it is unlikely to be sold to if the alcohol abuser appears to have had too much. The regulation of alcohol consumption will be a large part of my overall idea that the drinking age be changed back to the original age of 18. With this idea I will branch off into various subtopics about regulation and monitoring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment